Applied Science BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at Farnborough College of Technology
The Level 3 Extended Diploma carries the same university entrance points as three A Levels.
- Biology – including physiology and genetics
- Physics – such as electrical circuits and medical physics
- Chemistry – applications and techniques of chemistry
- General science – including working in the science industry
- Mathematics – such as statistical tools for science
Five GCSEs at grade C or above including Science, Additional Science, Mathematics and English Language. Alternatively you should have passed Level 2 Diploma
in Science with at least a Merit grade and GCSE passes in English Language and Mathematics at grade C or above. A successful reference and interview are required.
All young people will continue to improve their skills in English and Mathematics while studying at the college. If you have lower than a C grade GCSE in Mathematics or English Language, you will be supported to work towards this level.
Students can progress on to a variety of degrees including Biomedical Science, Biochemistry, Clinical Science, Life Science, Medicine, Pharmaceutical Science and Physics.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Farnborough College of Technology directly.