Business Studies BTEC Level 3 at Keswick School
3 mandatory units will be studied and 1 optional unit will be chosen, covering topics such as marketing, finance and the external environment.
This course will consist of 2 of the mandatory units: exploring business, and developing a marketing campaign.
In Year 12 students complete 2 units to gain the Certificate.
- board set assignment on developing a marketing campaign completed at the end of Year 12
- a coursework unit on exploring business completed during the year
In Year 13 students complete 2 additional units to gain the Extended Certificate.
- an examined unit on personal and business finance completed in January to give a re-sit opportunity in June
- an additional coursework unit completed during the year
It is not essential that the subject has been studied for GCSE. However, if studied at GCSE, then a grade C or above should have been achieved.
Each unit within the qualification has specified assessment and grading criteria which are to be used for grading purposes.
- to achieve a ‘pass’ a learner must have satisfied all the pass assessment criteria
- to achieve a ‘merit’ a learner must additionally have satisfied all the merit grading criteria
- to achieve a ‘distinction’ a learner must additionally have satisfied all the distinction grading criteria
The coursework units will be both internally and externally moderated.
Students are able to gain the whole range of grades and can use these qualifications to progress onto higher education courses or into the world of work. BTEC business combines well with many other subjects, in particular French, German, English language, geography and design. However, as many university courses now contain a business element, BTEC business will combine with any subject at A level..
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Keswick School directly.