History A Level at Weston College
History is a subject for people with questioning minds; those people who are interested in challenging the accepted assumptions about cause and consequence in regard to past events.
History is the fascinating story of human behaviour and the people and moments that have shaped our world. You will have the opportunity to study aspects of British and American history. History is a rigorous and academic subject, which is highly regarded by both employers and universities.
Year 1 topics will include:
- USA; Boom Bust & Recovery, 1920-55
- Britain Transformed; 1918-1997
Year 2 topics are:
- Britain, Protest, Agitation & Reform, 1780-1930
- 19th century USA
At least five GCSEs at grade A*-C.
You will be assessed by exams (80%) and coursework (20%).
- A degree at university in history or a social sciences, humanities or arts subject
- Careers include local government, the civil service, public administration, academic research, teaching, museum and archive work, journalism and law.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Weston College directly.