Sport L3 Extended Diploma at North Lindsey College
This academic course deals with the principles and practices within the sport and exercise industry and is equivalent, upon full completion of the Extended Diploma, to three A Levels. It is primarily a theoretical course that analyses every aspect of the industry through the medium of sport. It is delivered through a variety of practical methods, taking place within the classroom, the College gym (Kingsway Fitness Suite), an activity studio, fitness testing room, the Pods, the sports field and the multi-use games area.
On the Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport (Development, Coaching & Fitness) you will
study the following (subject to confirmation):
- Unit 1: Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise
- Unit 2: Psychology for Sports Performance
- Unit 3: Analysis of Sports Performance
- Unit 4: Sport & Exercise Massage
- Work Placement
Entry onto the course will depend upon:
- Successful completion of the Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport
- Typically 5 GCSEs at grades A* - C including Maths and English
- Access to a computer is desirable.
Assessment is an on-going process throughout the academic year. It will take the form of assignments, practical sessions, oral presentations, coaching sessions and laboratory testing.
Upon successful completion of the Level 3 Extended Diploma it is possible to progress
into higher education to study in a number of areas, including:
- Sport & Exercise
- Sports Therapy & Rehabilitation
- Sport Psychology
- Sports Coaching
- Sports Development
- Health & Sports Performance
Alternatively, Level 3 Sports Massage Therapy is available as well as employment within the armed forces, leisure centres, health clubs, sports coaching and many other fitness and sport related areas.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.