Countryside and Environmental Management Level 3 Extended Diploma at Bicton College
This course has been developed in partnership with industry related employers to equip you with the knowledge and skills to be successful in your chosen career. Your study will combine theory with a strong practical element, in a range of countryside related modules.
- Principles of wildlife populations, ecology and conservation
- Estate skills
- Investigative project in the land-based sector
- Work related experience in the land-based industries
- Land-based machinery operations
- Principles of forest recreation
- Farm habitat management
- Water quality (water management)
- Coastal management
- Woodland habitat management
- Principles of physical and biological environmental processes
- Land use and environmental issues
- Principles of tree felling and chainsaw use
- Greenwood crafts
- Vertebrate pest and predator control
- Woodland management
- Principles of game management
- Archaeology and landscape history
You will also gain nationally recognised functional skills qualifications (English, Maths and ICT).
It is essential that your Initial Assessment results show that you are working at Level 2. You will also need to have achieved 4 GCSEs at grades A–C, including English Language, Maths and Science or equivalent.
Successful students who wish to continue in education may progress to a Level 4 qualification such as a Foundation Degree in Countryside Management/Conservation in a related subject area, including geography and environmental science. Or seek employment as Specialists in Environmental Protection, Countryside Ranger, or Farm Wildlife Adviser.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bicton College directly.