Mathematics A Level at Paget High School
A course for students with an interest in Mathematics, who are self-motivated, resilient and who wish to further their mathematical knowledge in other related subjects
- AS and A level Mathematics will have 100% prescribed content, containing both pure and applied topics (no optional content).
- Mechanics and Statistics will be part of the compulsory content for both AS and A level Mathematics students.
- There will be more emphasis on mathematical argument, proof and modelling, problem solving and the use of technology and manipulation of large data sets
All students should have studied GCSE Mathematics at the Higher Level and should discuss their suitability for this course with Mrs Raybould before applying
- AS and A level will be separate qualifications.
- An AS will no longer count towards an A level.
- Written examinations take place in summer each year (3 papers, each 2 hours).
- All assessments will be linear, with 100% examination.
- Grades are the familiar A level grades of A* to E
- Students can pursue studies to degree level at university in a variety of subjects, particularly Mathematics, Engineering, the Sciences and Business and Finance.
- Opportunities in employment are widespread
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Paget High School directly.