Hospitality Supervision Apprenticeship Advanced Level 3 at Derwentside College
Studying Hospitality Supervision will increase your practical skills and enable you to acquire more knowledge, techniques and training in the Hospitality Service.
Employment in the industry, as well as working in Chapters, the College’s training restaurant, you will gain relevant skills and experience to enable you to produce the evidence required for your portfolio.
You will advance your catering skills through studying 5 mandatory and optional units. Units include
- Set objectives and provide support for team members. (Mandatory)
- Maintain the health, safety and security of the working environment (Mandatory)
- Develop working relationships with colleagues (Mandatory)
- Supervise functions
- Supervise drink operations
- Contribute to promoting hospitality products and services
You will also be required to achieve Functional Skills in Maths at Level 2 and English reading and writing L2.
- All learners starting an Advanced Apprenticeship programme must be employed in the relevant vocational area at the start of their programme.
- An offer may be made subject to successful Initial Basic Skills Assessment which demonstrates at least working towards Level 2 English and Maths.
- If the learner is assessed at below this level, an offer may be made on condition that the learner attends support workshops to achieve the required skills level
Underpinning knowledge is delivered in the theory lesson and is tested by a series of paper based tests.
Students satisfactorily completing the course can readily progress to an additional NVQ 3 course, e.g. Level 3 Professional Cookery.
Successful completion of this qualification will assist you to gain employment in your chosen area in the Hospitality, Food, Travel and Tourism, Health Care and Leisure industries.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Derwentside College directly.