Extended Project at Bacup and Rawtenstall Grammar School
This qualification provides an opportunity for students to exercise their abilities beyond the A Level syllabus and prepare for university of their future career. They can also use it to earn extra UCAS points.
The EPQ is offered as a stand-alone qualification at BRGS. The EPQ specification allows each student to embark on a largely self-directed project. They start by taking responsibility for the choice and design of an individual project, or individual role in a group project, and during the process learn to:
- Mature into critical, reflective and independent learners
- Develop and apply decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Increase planning, research, analysis, synthesis, evaluation and presentation skills
- Apply new technologies confidently
- Demonstrate creativity, initiative and enterprise.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bacup and Rawtenstall Grammar School directly.