Spanish A Level at St Wilfrids Catholic High School
What will I study?
Social issues and trends
Political and artistic culture
Literary texts and films
Individual research project.
This course develops your language skills and provides the opportunity to study a wide range of current events, cultural differences and traditions.
Topics studied include:
· Social issues and trends (equal rights, cultural diversity etc)
- Spanish culture (cultural heritage, national identity & modern day idols)
- Spanish political life (youth political awareness, political movements & monarchies)
You will also study one text and one film throughout the course and carry out an individual research project based on your own interests.
5 good GCSEs including English Language and Maths.
At least a 6 Grade in Spanish
- One Listening, Reading and Writing exam lasting 2.5 hours and worth 50% of the A-Level
- One Writing exam lasting 2 hours and worth 20% of the A-Level
- One speaking exam lasting 21-23 minutes and worth 30% of the A-Level
You will receive a copy of the AQA student textbook and have access to a range of online materials which cover all skill and topic areas. A pocket dictionary is vital for all students but if you are considering further study you may wish to invest in a large dictionary
A Modern Language is not a stand-alone skill and can be applied to virtually any job or future area of study. An A Level in MFL is likely to set you apart from other graduates and improve your overall employability. Traditionally career paths include; interpreting, the diplomatic service, international law, hotel management, work at the European Commission, aid work and teaching English abroad. French is the official language of the United Nations and 29 nations worldwide and Spanish remains one of the most widely spoken languages in the world.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.