AS and A Level Media Studies at Wetherby High School
Through studying media studies you will view, evaluate and analyse a variety of media products, and develop practical skills spanning a range of media forms. You’ll find contemporary, diverse topics and varied and engaging content, helping you to develop research, problem-solving skills as well as your creativity. You’ll also refine your debating skills through the discussion of contemporary issues from a range of perspectives.
AS Level topics
- Close study products
- Contexts of the Media
- Media language
- Media representation
- Media Industies
- Media audiences
Assessment Overview Paper 1
Written exam: 2 hours
35% of A-level
· An argument relating to the theme.
· Short answer questions relating to the theme.
· 2x15 mark questions testing in depth knowledge of two areas of the theoretical framework.
· 2x25 mark questions assessing in depth knowledge of the two remaining areas of the theoretical framework.
Assessment Overview Paper 2
How it's assessed
· Written exam: 2 hours
· 84 marks
· 35% of A-level
· Contrasting points of view relating to a particular CSP.
· Short answer questions assessing breadth and depth of knowledge of aspects of the theoretical framework in relation to particular media products.
· 2x30 mark questions assessing depth of knowledge of the theoretical framework and/or contexts in relation to media products.
A choice of topics related to the annually changing theme
30% of- A Level
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.