Hairdressing Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 at Hugh Baird College
Apprenticeships are very popular programmes designed by employers that provide paid work-experience, training and qualifications to people aged 16 and above.
An Apprenticeship framework comprises:
- A work-based qualification NVQ National Vocational Qualification), assessed in the workplace, demonstrating practical skills linked to the job
- Functional skills, which show competency in English and maths applied to the workplace
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS); they include creative thinking, independent enquiry, reflective learner, effective participator, self management and team working.
In the workplace, candidates must complete a work-related qualification based the following units. The NVQ consists of a credit value. A total of 54 credits must be achieved to complete this award.
Mandatory units- 48 credits
Optional units – min 6 must be achieved
· Unit G17 Give clients a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
· Unit G7 Advise and consult with clients
· Unit GH8 Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
· Unit GH9 Change hair colour
· Unit GH10 Style and finish hair
· Unit GH11 Set and dress hair
· Unit GH12 Cut hair using basic techniquesUnit G20 Make sure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
· Unit G4 Fulfil salon reception duties
· Unit G18 Promote additional services or products to clients
· Unit G8 Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
· Unit GH13 Plait and twist hair
· Unit GH14 Perm and neutralise hair
· Unit GH15 Attach hair to enhance a style
Applicants must be aged 16 or over. They must be employed in a business setting for a minimum of 30 hours a week (including work and College). Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs at grade C or above, including maths, English, ICT or science. All applicants will be individually interviewed and assessed.
Please contact the Business Development Team for further details:
- Tel: 0800 046 7720
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some courses are fully or partially funded, depending upon individual circumstances.
After you have successfully completed this course and gained the relevant experience you could progress into a level 3 Advanced apprenticeship in Hairdressing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hugh Baird College directly.