Performing Arts (BTEC) at Somervale School
The 60-credit BTEC Level 3 Certificate/Subsidiary Diploma covers the key knowledge and practical skills required in the performing arts – Dance and/or Drama. The BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma offers greater flexibility and a choice of emphasis through the optional units. The qualification is broadly equivalent to one GCE A Level.
The course is suitable for students wanting to pursue performing arts (Dance and Drama) as a career. This course is targeted at any student who loves performance and wishes to take their practical studies to a new level. The majority of the course is practical and internally assessed with an emphasis on performance – Dance, Drama or a mixture of both.
- Unit 7 Performing to an audience
Other Possible Units
- Unit 32 Developing Physical Theatre Skills
- Unit 46 Applying Contemporary Dance Technique
- Unit 54 Dance Appreciation
- Unit 49 Movement Skills
- Unit 9 Devising Plays
- Unit 40 Choreographing Dance
- Unit 13 Contemporary Theatre Performance
5 A*-C grades at GCSE or equivalent and previous experience in Performing Arts
The course is suitable for students wanting to pursue performing arts (Dance and Drama) as a career
What should I expect?
- A majority of practical Dance and/or Drama activities;
- Development of dance and/or acting skills;
- Exploration of physical theatre;
- Dance and theatre trips;
- Assessed fully mounted performances to a live audience;
- Some project deadlines that will involve written tasks;
- Additional qualification: Arts Award Gold.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Somervale School directly.