Maintenance & Repair Principles (Vehicle) IMI Level 2 Diploma at Grantham College
- Knowledge of Light Vehicle Engine Mechanical, Lubrication & Cooling System Units & Components
- Knowledge of Light Vehicle Fuel, Ignition, Air & Exhaust System Units & Components
- Knowledge of Removing & Replacing Light Vehicle Transmission & Driveline Units & Components
- Skills & Knowledge in Health, Safety & Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment
- Skills & Knowledge in Supporting Job Roles in the Automotive Environment
- Skills & knowledge in Materials, Fabrication, Tools & Measuring Devices used in the Automotive Environment
- Skills & Knowledge in Routine Light Vehicle Maintenance
- Skills & Knowledge in Removing & Replacing Light Vehicle Engine Units & Components
- Skills & Knowledge in Removing & Replacing Light Vehicle Electrical Units & Components
- Skills & Knowledge in Removing & Replacing Light Vehicle Chassis Units & Components
- Skills & Knowledge in Inspecting Light Vehicles Using Prescribed Methods.
3 GCSE's including Maths and Science (grade C or above) and/or a recognised automotive qualification at Senior Level 1
Practical and theoretical continual assessment, which will include formal written and online tests for all study units. All of your evidence will be electronically housed in an ePortfolio.
Full Time Further Education courses are free for those who are under 19 on 31 August of the year they start their course. Exam resit fees may apply if and when applicable.
This qualification helps you to progress on to higher level qualifications such as an IMI Level 3 Diploma in Motor Vehicle Repair Principles, or a BTEC Diploma in Engineering, or A Levels. Alternatively, it can lead to a range of Apprenticeships in Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Engineering.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grantham College directly.