Football Coaching in Community Settings at Bridgwater College Level 2 Diploma at Bridgwater College
If you are looking for a career in Coaching Football, this course is made up of both practical and theory based lessons. If you are passionate about football and sport, the course enables students to develop and learn about being a professional football coach. It also provides a valuable platform whereby competent students can be equipped to work within the wider football industry or you may be interested in working within a schools environment.
The course will include both theoretical and practical elements throughout the programme and each student will study:
- VTCT Level 2 Diploma in Sports Studies, which incorporates:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Planning and lead sports events
- Planning and leading sporting activities
- Business skills in sport
- Technical and Tactical performance
- Psychology of sports performers
- 1st4Sport Level 1 Coaching Certificate in Football (Delivered by qualified FA Tutors).
- Emergency First aid and safeguarding in sport.
- You must satisfactorily complete all units of study to achieve the full qualification for each award and the full Diploma in Football Coaching with community settings.
- Potential opportunity to study for a 1st4Sport Level 2 Leadership through Football (Delivered by qualified FA Tutors).
- 4 GCSEs in the A-F range or equivalent A Levels or BTEC
- Successful completion of a BTEC Level 1/2
- Upon application completion a conditional interview will be set
- Course is available to 16 – 24 years old students
- Electronic Assignments
- Practical assessments and observations
- Portfolio evidence building
- Students will undertake continuous assessment throughout the year
- Level 3 Diploma Coaching Football in Community Settings
- Further study opportunities – FdSc in Sport Science and Coach Education.
- Employment options – Academy Coach, Community Coach, PE Teacher, Coaching abroad
- Bridgwater College has many links with Universities in the UK
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.