Clinical Healthcare Support Level 3 Apprenticeship at Anderson Stockley Accredited Training
The NHS is recognised as the largest employer in Europe. There is a need to recruit, retain and develop the skills of this workforce. The diplomas in Health are benchmark qualifications, covering eight specialist pathways and forming the basis for career and workforce development in the health services.
These qualifications are based on the National Occupational Standards for Health and contain some units in common with the Health and Social Care diplomas, but offer a different structure and specialist options.
The purpose of this qualification is to guide and assess the development of knowledge and skills relating to the health workforce. This qualification confirms competence in a range of clinical healthcare support skills.
The above qualification consists of:
- Level 3 Diploma in Clinical Health Care
- Functional Skills English Level 2
- Functional Skills Maths Level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
To achieve the Level 3 Diploma in Clinical Health Care learners must achieve 65 credits from a set of units including the Mandatory units listed below:
- The role of the health and social care worker
- The principles of infection prevention and control
- Causes and spread of infection
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Cleaning, decontamination and waste management
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Promote communication in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Promote equality and inclusion in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
- Promote and implement health and safety in health and social care
- Promote person centred approaches in health and social care
- Promote good practice in handling information in health and social care settings
- Principles for implementing duty of care in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
In addition to this, learners will choose from a comprehensive list of optional units specific to their role in Clinical Health Care.
The learner’s assessor will guide them through the underpinning knowledge needed. Learners will also be observed in the workplace by their assessor and complete assignments, case studies, short answer questions and personal statements.
- Level 3 NVQ Certificate in Management
- Level 4/5 QCF Qualification relevant to the learners job role
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Anderson Stockley Accredited Training directly.