Business Studies A Level at Caldew School
This qualification takes a holistic approach to Business Studies, it demonstrates the interrelated nature of business using business models, theories and techniques to support analysis of contemporary business issues and situations. The course is designed to engage students through topics and issues that are relevant in today’s society – they will study key contemporary developments such as digital technology and business ethics, and globalisation is covered throughout the topics. Students will develop the knowledge and skills needed to analyse data, think critically about issues and make informed decisions – all skills that are needed for further study and employment.
• AS qualification and 1st year of linear A-level = Content 1 – 6
• 2nd year of linear A-level = Content 7 – 10
AS BUSINESS STUDIES
1. What is business?
2. Managers, leadership and decision making
3. Decision making to improve marketing performance
4. Decision making to improve operational performance
5. Decision making to improve financial performance
6. Decision making to improve human resource performance
A2 BUSINESS STUDIES
7. Analysing the strategic position of a business
8. Choosing strategic direction
9. Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
10. Managing strategic change
GCSE Business Studies is not essential. Students should ideally have 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including English and Maths. However, each student will be considered individually after consultation with STL.
Assignment and Exams. Most of the assessment material is based on real business situations.
Business Studies opens up a wide range of degree and career opportunities. It is particularly relevant to management in marketing, personnel, finance and administration.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Caldew School directly.