Children & Young People's Workforce Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Farnborough College of Technology
The training programme is intended for new or existing staff working in or providing support within a child care environment. It is suitable for people in
job roles such as those working in childcare e.g. nurseries, pre-schools, crèches, etc as key worker or working on own such as a childminder.
Learners will choose a pathway which relates to their workplace. There are two pathways; Social care or Learning and development.
This training programme is mainly delivered and assessed in the workplace. There are also monthly off the job workshops held at Farnborough College of Technology.
Apprenticeships are a proven way of increasing staff retention and productivity, and enable employers to recruit and train the employees to meet the specific needs of their business.
1. Diploma for the Children’s Learning and Development - (Early Years Educator) - Level 3
- Understand children’s early years education and development
- Implement early years foundation stage
- Diversity, equality and inclusion in early years setting
- Plan and provide effective teaching and learning in early years settings
- Make accurate and productive use of assessment in early years settings
- Develop effective and informed professional practice in early year’s settings
- Promote the health, safety and well-being of children in early years setting
- Child protection and safeguarding
- Partnership working in early years
Further optional units will need to be completed to achieve this qualification.
2. Functional Skills: ICT Level 2
3. Award in Employment Rights & Responsibilities Level 2
4. Personal Thinking & Learning Skills
The entry criteria are staff aged 16 and over with GCSEs A*-C in Maths and English. GCSE’s will be considered along with the results of an initial assessment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Farnborough College of Technology directly.