Plumbing Level 2 Diploma at Preston's College
The course is designed for students who are pursuing a career pathway within the plumbing industry and require a broad range of skills to progress into the workplace. On the Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies there is a combination of practical and theoretical elements.
The course consists of assessment units which assess the competence of a candidate over a wide range of activities. There will be a high emphasis on Health and Safety and correct working methods. The Unit titles are:
– Structure of the Construction Industry
– Fundamental Safe Working Practices
– Environmental and Sustainability Measures in Domestic Dwellings
– Site Preparation or Working in the Construction Industry
– Copper Pipework, Plastic Pressure Pipework and Low Carbon Steel Pipework Fabrication
– Installation, Repair and Maintenance of Plumbing Systems
– Plumbing Science and Technology
You will need a Level 1 in plumbing qualification or GCSEs in Maths and English at Grace C or above. Fast track entry to Level 2 may be available for some students
A mix of practical assessments and written work.
This course introduces you to plumbing skills and you can progress onto higher level plumbing courses or training to become a gas engineer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Preston's College directly.