Computer Science AS level at North Liverpool Academy
This modern qualification gives you a general grounding in computing, including an understanding of computer systems, the principles of programming and problem-solving. Computer Science is a practical subject where you can apply the academic principles learned in the classroom to real-world systems. It’s an intensely creative subject that combines invention and excitement.
You can develop:
- An understanding and ability to apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including: abstraction, decomposition, logic, algorithms and data representation
- The ability to analyse problems in computational terms through practical experience of solving such problems, including writing programs to do so
- The capacity to think creatively, innovatively, analytically, logically and critically
- The capacity to see relationships between different aspects of computer science
- Mathematical skills.
- Component 1: Computer Systems
- Component 2: Algorithms and Programming
- A strong interest in ICT technology and its effects on society, businesses and the wider world
- A minimum of 9 GCSE’S at Grade C or above
- It is recommended that you have at least a B in an English Level 2 qualification and a B in Maths
- A good grade at a Computer Science Level 2 qualification preferably the GCSE
- Unit H446/01: Exam – 40%
- Unit H446/02: Exam – 40%
It is excellent preparation for students looking to take computing studies at degree level, or for anyone considering any kind of career in computing.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Liverpool Academy directly.