Business and Administration Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 at New College Nottingham
Study the Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship and develop a whole range of administration skills, from secretarial, PA and filing to finance
This course will set you up for a whole host of careers and will help you get to grips with the way a business operates and how all the functions work together.
You will develop excellent organisational and customer service skills and will gain a good understanding of the way a busy office functions.
This is a work-based course so can start at any time during the academic year.
This course consists of the following:
- Edexcel Business & Administration NVQ Level 3
- Technical Certificate in Business & Administration Level 3
- Key skills - communication level 2 (unless exempt)
- Key skills - application of number level 2 (unless exempt)
- Employment responsibilities and rights
Apprentices will develop a range of administrative skills which could include the following, depending on the workplace:
- Health and safety
- Manage diary systems
- Organise business travel and accommodation
- Use IT software - word processing, spreadsheets, website, databases, powerpoint, bespoke software
- Prepare text from notes
- Supervise an office facility
- Plan, organise and support meetings
- Make a presentation
- Organise and co-ordinate events
- Design and produce documents
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Provide leadership for your team
- Prepare text from shorthand
- Prepare text from recorded audio instructions
- Be aged 16 or over
- Not be in full-time education or on any other training programme
- Have lived in the UK for the past three years
There are no formal entry requirements for any level, however the employer may stipulate entry qualifications when recruiting an apprentice to a particular job role.
Students will be expected to have a contract to work a minimum of 30 hours per week. This must be paid employment. However, you can still apply for this course if you are actively seeking employment, but this must be in place before you can commence the training.
As there may be different entry requirements for apprenticeships, depending on the occupational sector, all students are required to have an initial assessment test.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact New College Nottingham directly.