French at Merchant Taylors' Girls' School
The aims of the course are:
* To enable students to understand and respond appropriately to spoken and written material, be it in a colloquial or literary register.
* To increase students’ sensitivity towards languages and language learning.
* To give students the ability to communicate fluently and confidently in a French speaking environment.
* To develop their ability to manipulate language and organise their thoughts in order to be able to present a coherent, persuasive argument.
* To provide a sound base of language skills required for further study in higher education, work or leisure.
Girls are encouraged to visit France during the course of their studies. Over the past two years girls have undertaken work experience in France enabling them to gain invaluable help for their studies. The department actively encourages girls to take part in such schemes.
It is normally expected that girls wishing to study AS level and A2 level will have achieved at least an A grade at GCSE.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Merchant Taylors' Girls' School directly.