Engineering BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Brine Leas School
BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Engineering provides a specialist, work-regulated programme of study that covers the knowledge and practical skills required in the vocational sector. There are a wide variety of units which will be delivered in other subjects, such as Fabrication, Electronics and CAD.
Students will be required to complete tasks and assignments in lessons throughout the course and will achieve a pass, merit or distinction for each unit, depending upon the quality of their learning and work produced.
The qualification offers an engaging programme for those who are clear about the area of further education or employment they wish to pursue.
Students will experience a variety of learning experiences that will include both theoretical and practical assessment. The majority of lessons will be computer-suite based. Learners will develop many of the key skills required for employment or university.
- Mandatory units: 20 credits
- Optional units: 40 credits
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Properties and Applications of Engineering Materials
- Engineering Drawing for Technicians
- Fabrication Processes and Technology
- Welding Technology
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above
- BTEC First Award in Engineering if studied at Key Stage 4
- Engineering degrees at University
- Apprenticeships in the industry
Students will develop experience and knowledge in various engineering techniques and theories.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Brine Leas School directly.