French A level at The Holy Cross School
1) Aspects of French-speaking society: current trends
- The changing nature of family
- The “cyber-society”
- The place of voluntary work
2) Aspects of French-speaking society: current issues
- Positive features of a diverse society
- Life for the marginalised
- How criminals are treated
3) Artistic culture in the French-speaking world
- A culture proud of its heritage
- Contemporary francophone music
- Cinema: the 7th art form
4) Aspects of political life in the French-speaking world
- Teenagers, the right to vote and political commitment
- Demonstrations, strikes - who holds the power?
- Politics and immigration
GCSE Grade 6 or above (on the higher papers) in the chosen language
This includes listening, speaking, reading and writing examinations.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Holy Cross School directly.