Psychology at Cottingham High School
Psychology is the scientific study of behaviour and experience. Psychologists are interested in investigating both the behaviour and the mental process of the individual.
AS Level Units
Four techniques for collecting/analysing data:
* Experiment (repeated measures, independent measures, matched pairs design).
* 15 Core Studies, 3 each from the 5 approaches – social, cognitive, physiological, developmental, and individual differences
* Issues, debates, perspectives and methods arising from the Core Studies
A2 Level Units
Options in Applied Psychology
* Forensic Psychology
* Health and Clinical psychology
Approaches and Research Methods in Psychology
* Research methodology, in which candidates are required to design a practical project.
* Structured synoptic questions on approaches, perspectives, methods, issues and debates in psychology.
GCSE’s at grade A*-C are generally required.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cottingham High School directly.