Animal care, equine and countryside - BTEC Diploma in Landscaping and Horticulture level 2 at Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre
You will gain knowledge and skills in hard and soft landscape such as paving and planting.
You will develop skills in using landscape machinery including strimmers, mowers and rotovators.
You will study the following units:
- Undertake work-related experience in the land-based industries,
- Establish and maintain plants outdoors,
- Understand the basic principles of plant science,
- Setting out from a plan,
- Construct landscape foundations and surfaces,
- Introduction to land-based machinery operations,
- Understand the principles of sports and amenity turf maintenance.
A minimum of 4 GCSEs with the following grades: English 3 and maths at 2 or above, and 2 other GCSEs grade 3 or above.
With tutorials, orals, written assignments and practical work.
A level 3 course in horticulture at another specialist land-based college.
You could work in garden maintenance, landscaping or at a garden centre.
Contact the college, tel: 01484 437070 or email: email@example.com
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.