English Language A Level at The de Ferrers Academy
Why study this course?
- If you have an interest in looking at how different social groups use language
- If you enjoy investigating the language of new technologies (the language of text messaging, email etc.)
- If you would like to analyse the ways that males and females use language
- If the history of the English Language interests you
- If you would like to learn about how children acquire language
- If you’re interested in a career such as journalism, advertising or copywriting
- Coursework: Candidates are asked to produce two pieces of original writing and analyse its impact
- Examination: Candidates are assessed on topics such as Language Variety in terms of accent, dialect, gender; Children’s Language Development; and how language has changed over the centuries.
4 A* - C Plus Grade 5 in English and a Grade 4 in Maths
- Coursework: - 20%
- Examination: - 80% (Edexcel)
- The Arts
- Media and Creative Writing
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The de Ferrers Academy directly.