French IGCSE (Distance Learning) at National Extension College *Fees Payable*
**DISTANCE LEARNING COURSE**
French is the most popular second language learned in the UK, and this home study IGCSE course will teach you its fundamentals in spoken and written form. Gaining this qualification will provide both practical benefits, in terms of being able to communicate more easily should you visit the country, and theoretical benefits, in that you’ll gain an understanding of how the language is constructed and get to know French culture.
You should allow for between 120 and 150 hours' study time, plus additional time for completing assignments. You will have tutor support for a period of up to 18 months from the date of enrolment.
Module 1: Introductory skills
- Studying a foreign language
- Vocabulary guide
- Listening and pronunciation guide
- Grammar guide
Module 2: Study topics
- Talking about yourself
- Talking about family, friends, likes and dislikes
- Ordering snacks and drinks
- Finding holiday accommodation and changing money
- Finding the way – asking and giving directions
- Time, dates, timetables and bank holidays
- Shopping for food
- More about shopping and other daily tasks
- Travel and transport
- Enjoy your meal!
- Healthy living, and interests and hobbies
- Town and country – holidays and holiday activities
- Where you live, the weather and the environment
- School, work and getting a job
- Home life and events, including loss and theft
- Character and personal relationships
- Future plans – careers, family and holidays
- Talking about past events
No previous knowledge is required for this course.
This course follows specification 4FR0 from the awarding organisation Edexcel. Full details of the specification can be obtained from Edexcel's website.
Three exams: 1hr30m (50% of marks), 40m (25% of marks) and 10m (25% of marks)
All exams must be taken in the same session
From 2014 an oral exam will be compulsory. We understand that this can be difficult to arrange as a private candidate, so to try and make things easier NEC students can enter for their written exams at one of our partnership centres, and then sit the oral exam here at NEC in Cambridge.
It’s your choice: pay in full and discount your course fees, or spread the cost with our finance offer. To pay in instalments, you will need to enrol by telephone.
Amount of credit: £355.50
Monthly payment: £59.25
Duration of agreement: 6 months
Total repayable: £395
Rate of interest: 0% (fixed)
0% APR representative.
For enrolments in the UK there are no additional postage and packing charges. For enrolments outside of the UK the following postage and packing charges apply:
- EU – £75 for the first course and £40 for second and subsequent courses
- Rest of the world – £130 for the first course and £70 for second and subsequent courses
This course is entirely self-contained so no additional textbooks are required.
This course comes with the Palgrave-Macmillan Breakthrough French 1, Euro edition book and accompanying CDs.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact National Extension College *Fees Payable* directly.