Prince's Trust Team at Wirral Metropolitan College
Through building their confidence and motivation, Team members are encouraged to think about their futures; this includes preparing a post-programme development plan.
During the 12 weeks team members:
- Uncover hidden talents
- Assume some responsibility for tasks
- Develop team-working and communication skills
- Gain awareness of their local community and how they can contribute to it
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
If you would like to develop your personal skills working as part of a team within your local community then this is the course for you.
The course will include outdoor pursuits, work placement opportunities and a residential leading towards a final presentation of your achievements.
- Induction - week 1
- Residential - week 2
- Project in the community - weeks 3-6
- Individual placements - weeks 7-8
- Next steps - week 9
- Final team challenge - weeks 10-11
- Presentation - week 12
You need to be aged 16-25 to be eligible to join the Princes Trust team. There are no formal entry guidelines for this course. However if you are currently not engaged in education or employment then you may benefit from participating on this programme.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course.
Throughout the programme students compile a portfolio of evidence of their achievement.
Further Education, Traineeships and Apprenticeships, Employment in various areas or Voluntary work.
Nationally more than 70% of unemployed participants go on to jobs, training or education within three months of completing their Princes Trust Team .
- Princes Trust Team Certificate in Employment Team work and Community skills at either entry 3 or level 1.
- There are 2 teams running each term: one team is based at Bromborough Fire Station in partnership with Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service; the second team is based in Birkenhead.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wirral Metropolitan College directly.