Barbering (Level 2) Apprenticeship at Central College Nottingham
You will come into College one day a week to complete the NVQ Level 2 in Barbering as well as Functional Skills at the appropriate level (subject to GCSEs grades achieved).
Units depend on chosen route and may include:
- Perm and Neutralise Hair
- Cut Hair Using Basic Barbering Techniques
- Cut Facial Hair to Shape Using Basic Techniques
- Dry and Finish Men’s Hair
- Ensure Responsibility for Actions to Reduce Risks to Health and Safety
- Give Customers a Positive Impression of Yourself and Your Organisation
- Advise and Consult with Clients
- Shampoo, Condition and Treat the Hair and Scalp
- Fulfil Salon Reception Duties
- Promote Services or Products to Customers
- Develop and Maintain Effectiveness at Work
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
Plus optional units related to the course.
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
You will need 4 GCSEs at grades A* to D including English Language or equivalent qualifications.
There is continuous assessment of each unit. You will present evidence of competence via practical assessments and production of a personal portfolio of evidence.
- NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing.
- Advanced Apprenticeship in Barbering Level 3.
To support your application we will ask you to bring in a school report.
You will need to be employed for a minimum of 30 hours a week in a hair salon. Your 30 hours include one day in College. You will be required to purchase a kit and uniform. The uniform must be worn at all times in College. Kit costs are approximately £190.00
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.