History A Level at Camborne Science and International Academy
Key Stage 5 History is a very popular option for students in the V1 Form. The lessons are delivered through five 100 minute sessions per fortnight. The lessons deliver content and skills that are measured by the Edexcel exam board. Work is assessed through two exams at the end of Year 12; followed by one exam and a piece of coursework at the end of Year 13.
AS Level students study the following:
- The experience of warfare in Britain 1854-1929; including the Crimea War, Boer War, and World War I.
- Modern American Politics.
- The development of race relations in the modern USA.
A2 Level students go on to study the following:
- Britain’s reaction to fascism.
- The changing role of women 1850-1950 (coursework).
Over the last 3 years, the History Department has been able to offer A-Level students an exciting opportunity to work with students from across the globe through attending Ritsumeikan Uji’s International Student Forum in Japan. Click here to find out more from the 2012 and 2013student forums.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Camborne Science and International Academy directly.