Plumbing Studies (Level 2) at Central College Nottingham
This is a Level 2 course which gives students the skills needed to progress to a higher level of training in Plumbing.
- Common plumbing processes
- Cold water systems
- Domestic hot water systems
- Central heating systems
- Drainage systems
- Communicating with others within Building Services Engineering
- Health and Safety in Building Services Engineering
- Electrical principles and processes for Building Services Engineering
- Scientific principles for domestic, industrial and commercial plumbing
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
One of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-D including English Language and Maths*
- A relevant Level 1 qualification including GCSE English Language and Maths* at grade A*-D
*If you do not have both GCSE English Language and Maths at A*-D, we may accept one of them at Grade E in addition to your 4 GCSEs at A*-D. Functional Skills may be accepted instead of GCSE English and/or Maths. Functional Skills Level 1 is equivalent to GCSE Grade D and Level 2 to GCSE Grade C.
Adults who are aged 19+ without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
Each unit is continually assessed through online examinations. You will present evidence of competence via practical assessments and production of a personal portfolio.
- If you are employed and have access to work based evidence you may be able to enrol onto a NVQ in Plumbing
- Level 3 in Plumbing if not employed within the industry as a Plumber
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.