Painting and Decorating CSkills Apprenticeship at Hull College Group
The CSkills (Construction Skills) qualification is for people employed in the industry.
The qualification includes consists of the following:
- The Construction Diploma Level 2 in Painting and Decorating
- NVQ Diploma Level 2 in Decorative and Industrial Painting
To achieve the full apprenticeship eight different units must be completed. In addition you will be required to bring a range of evidence from the workplace to prove competence for NVQ certification.
The course will cover all aspects of Painting & Decorating which is divided into eight units:
- Safe working practices
- Information, quantities and communication
- Building methods and construction technology
- Preparation of surfaces
- Applying paint by brush and roller
- Applying standard papers to walls and ceilings
- Produce specialist decorative finishes
- Apply paint systems using spray equipment
- Erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms
The successful applicant must Pass an entry test set by the CSkills (Construction Skills).
Each unit is assessed separately and there is an end examination.
In addition to the vocational qualifications you will also cover Functional skills in English and Maths and learn about Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
All assessment is on-going and divided into two areas:
Practical: Practical work is assessed to set standards at college and at work. There is a Practical test at the end of year two and all apprentices must complete a work based evidence folder.
Job Knowledge: There is a test for each unit and an end examination.
After completing the NVQ level 2 Diploma you can progress onto the NVQ 3 Diploma.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hull College Group directly.