Fabrication and Welding City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma at Doncaster College
This course is aimed at people new to the engineering industry or who are in the industry and wishing to gain a fabrication and welding qualification.
The course involves learning and developing the skills and knowledge needed to work in an engineering environment. The course has both practical and theory content which is covered by training and assessment tasks.
You will need to complete five units which will give you a value of 35 credits.
The course requires the completion of three mandatory units and two optional assessment routes.
There are 3 mandatory units:
- Unit 201 - Working in Engineering
- Unit 202 - Principles of Engineering
- Unit 212 - Principles of Fabrication and Welding technology
There are two optional units that can be picked from the following:
- Unit 213 - Welding by Manual Metal ARC process
- Unit 214 - Welding by MIG process
- Unit 215 - Welding by TIG process
- Unit 218 - Fabricating thick plate
- GCSE Grades D & above in English and Maths
- Level 1 NVQ in Performing Engineering Operations
- Level 1 City & Guilds 2850 Welding & Fabrications
All applicants must complete an Initial Assessment in Maths and English and will need to attend an individual interview.
The course is assessed using on-line test, paper test and log books.
On completion of the course you can progress onto City & Guilds 2850 Level 3 technical certificate.
After further study there are wider job opportunities including: craftsperson, technician, technical engineer and project manager.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.