Health & Social Care (Applied) - Single Award at The Hertfordshire and Essex High School and Science College
The course is over 60% portfolio work.
The course is composed of three modules:
- Promoting Quality Care – externally examined
- Communication in Care Settings – assessed by portfolio
- Promoting Good Health – assessed by portfolio
A further three modules are studied:
- Care Practice and Provision – assessed by portfolio
- Understanding Human Behaviour and Development – externally examined
- Child Development – assessed by portfolio
GCSE grade B in Health & Social Care and GCSE grade B in English. If this subject has not been studied previously, GCSE grade B in English is required.
Students will need to organise their own placements in an Early Years Care setting (e.g. nursery or primary school), a Social setting (e.g. day care setting), or a Health setting (e.g. a hospital). In Year 12, students attend their vocational placement for one afternoon or morning per week for at least half a term. This is essential for the completion of the Communication in Care Settings coursework. Students will need to maintain this link into Year 13 and will also organise one-off visits to the other two care settings.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Hertfordshire and Essex High School and Science College directly.