English Functional Skills at Luton Sixth Form College
Functional Skills qualifications are valued by employers as they are evidence that a student has developed the communication skills needed to work effectively in the work place. Whilst on a Functional Skills course students will also be given the opportunity to work on GCSE Controlled Assessments which can be used in the student’s second year of study at the college to contribute towards their final GCSE English Language grade.
The course’s philosophy is to develop students’ English skills in a supportive environment that instils in students the confidence and the abilities needed to succeed on the GCSE English Language course that they enter in their second year of study.
- Learning to Learn Module
- Oral Assessment – Counselling Underperforming Students
- Of Mice and Men Controlled Assessment (GCSE English)
- Functional Skills Level 1
- Spoken Language Investigation (GCSE English)
- Oral Assessment – Presentation Skills
- GCSE English Language Examination (optional)
This is a course for students who have already done the GCSE ENGLISH exam but did not achieve grade D or above. It is therefore expected that students will already have a GCSE English grade.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Luton Sixth Form College directly.