Design &Technology - Product Design A Level at Sir John Lawes School
You must enjoy designing and working with a variety of materials. (You have to like designing and making things!)
You need commitment and enthusiasm for this area of study. You have to be able to work on your own on projects which can last for extended periods. This requires a positive attitude, self-motivation and a high degree of initiative.
If you are interested in working with materials, learning about their properties and enjoy applying yourself to designing and making high quality products, then you may wish to consider Design and Technology.
The course will give you the opportunities to
- Be innovative and develop your creativity to produce high quality products
- Provide opportunity to apply mathematical, scientific and artistic skills and knowledge to real situations
- Study both products and manufacturing processes from both an historical perspective and in current practice.
- Develop knowledge, understanding and skills of industrial practices
- Use ICT to enhance your Design and Technology capability
- Develop critical thinking, problem solving and collaborative skills
You would normally have been expected to have taken, and achieved, a good pass (grade B or above) in GCSE Resistant materials, Graphic products or Textiles, as well as an APS of 4.5 or above.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sir John Lawes School directly.