L2 Apprenticeship in Instructing Exercise and Fitness at CMS Vocational Training Ltd
This practical, work-based course uses hands-on training to develop your skills and provide you with qualifications related to your job.
This course is ideal for employees in the health and fitness sector who want to be trained to a professionally competent level in designing, planning and delivering safe and effective programmes within a gym or health club environment.
- Level 2 NVQ
- Level 2 Diploma in Instructing Health & Fitness
- Level 2 Certificate in Industry and Organisational Awareness in the Active Leisure and Learning Sector
- Level 1 Functional Skills Maths
- Level 1 Functional Skills English
You will learn about:
- Anatomy and physiology in the context of exercise and fitness
- Planning and delivering safe and effective programmes within a gym or health club environment
- Good customer service and other personal skills and qualities required by the exercise and fitness industry
- Emergency first aid and awareness of health and safety in an exercise and fitness environment.
This will be completed through your day-to-day work and on-the-job training. You can also make use of:
- online learning
- tutor led workshop days
- distance learning
- manuals and workbooks
Whilst you must be employed in the Health & Fitness industry, there are no other entry requirements for this Apprenticeship.
You will be assessed by:
- Observation of your performance in the workplace supported by discussions and questioning
- Multiple choice paper on exercise and fitness knowledge, industry and organisational awareness for the technical certificate and key skills
- A portfolio of work-based evidence.
There are no costs to you as this is funded (subject to certain criteria) by the Learning and Skills Council.
Once you have completed the Apprenticeship you may go on to the Advanced L3 Apprenticeship in Personal Training
Your qualification will be nationally recognised and relevant to your work.
CMS is an approved academy provider for the NSA in Yorkshire and Humberside. This guarantees high quality delivery, support and employer flexibility.
If you are wanting to complete a Gym Apprenticeship but have not yet secured employment, contact CMS and we will advise you of current vacancies and assist you in finding an apprenticeship position in the field of Health & Fitness.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.