Biology A Level at Drapers' Academy
If you are interested in the human body, how it responds to its’ internal and external environments and the genetics then biology is an ideal subject for you.
Biology builds on the concepts and skills developed in the GCSE and it is particularly suitable for students who have the skills and knowledge associated with a GCSE Additional Science course or equivalent. Students who study A level Biology may go on to a Biology-related degree course.
Students need to achieve a B at GCSE Biology and Maths or a B in core and additional Science.
- Biological Molecules.
- How organisms exchange substances with their environment.
- Genetic information, variation and relationships between organisms.
- Practical Skills.
- Energy transfer in and between organisms.
- Organisms and their response to the internal and external environment.
- Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems.
- The control of gene expression.
- Synoptic assessment including practical skills.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Drapers' Academy directly.