Health and Social Care (BTEC Level 3 Diploma) at Moorlands Sixth Form College
Level 3 Diploma course taken over 2 years.
This qualification will be suitable for those wishing to gain a specialist endorsement in health, social care. The course can lead to a wide range of careers related to care, including working within Nurseries, Care Homes, Nursing, Paramedics, Social work, Probation, Community Care, Midwifery and many other caring professions.
- Human lifespan developemnt
- Working practices in health and social care
- Meeting individual care and support needs
- Physiological disorders and their care
- Enquiries into current research in health and social care
- Principles of safe practice in health and social care
- Promoting public health
- Psychological perspectives
A minimum of 5 C grades or equivalent and above at GCSE in separate subjects
Coursework and examination
Suitable for those wishing to gain a Level 3 qualification to support further study in FE and HE and provides a progression route to the Cambridge Tech Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care. It can also lead to direct employment in the private/ public sector.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Moorlands Sixth Form College directly.