Nutrition for the Elderly Train the Trainer at Acacia Training
To provide a general awareness of the nutritional requirements of older people, and look at ways of monitoring and assessing their nutritional well-being, including the importance of paperwork and communication. The knowledge gained can then be used in conjunction with the training package provided during the course, to train groups of staff in the home.Who Should Apply:
Staff responsible for menu planning and food production for the elderly and who have taken on the role to train staff in their workplace in nutrition.
By the end of the session you will be able to:
• Identify how and why people become malnourished and the dangerous implications for the older person
• Recognise the key food groups and their nutritional roles
• Select and complete the correct forms to assess, record and monitor individuals progress using the MUST screening tool
• Describe methods of increasing nutritional intake for those at risk of malnourishment
• Recognise and understand the importance and appropriateness of finger foods, soft textured diets and purees
• Evaluate current communication methods with a view to improving them in the home
• Gain sufficient knowledge and understanding to train small groups of staff in all of the above using the training pack provided
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Acacia Training directly.