Land Based Service Engineering - Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 at Easton & Otley College
This programme covers a range of skills and related practices required to work in the Land based Service Engineering Industry.
The objectives of the course are to ensure the development of practical skills, related background knowledge required to produce skilled and motivated technicians for the agricultural and horticultural machinery industries.
Most of the time is spent in the working environment, gaining practical experience at an employer’s with college attendance on a short block release basis.
Suitable for: Those seeking or employed in their first role within the Land-based Service Engineering Industry.
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications. Including:
- Level 2 Diploma in Work-based Land-based Engineering Operations
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Math’s
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- First Aid
- Apply mechanical principles
- Use and maintain tools / equipment
- Material preparation, shaping and assembling
- Service and repair of mechanical transmissions, engines, systems and components
- Thermal joining and cutting processes
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to clarify course suitability.
- Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills in English, Mathematics and ICT and be able to manage the requirements of a Level 2 vocational qualification.
- Apprentices need to be employed for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment
Apprentices successfully completing the Intermediate Apprenticeship have opportunities to progress within the industry by continuing onto an Advanced Apprenticeship in Service Engineering.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.