Wood Occupations Level 3 Diploma at City College Plymouth
Become a skilled craftsperson that can provide complex skills on-site or can be called upon to produce interesting and decorative effects with wood. This advanced study programme will show you how. The main subjects covered include handling and storing resources, contributing to work relationships (site management), preparing materials for use, preparing and using components and materials, management, advanced first and second fixing, and complex structural carcassing.
The main subjects covered are:
- handling and storing resources
- contributing to work relationships (site management)
- preparing materials for use
- preparing and using components and materials
- advanced first and second fixing
- complex structural carcassing.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
In our experience in order to be successful on this level of course you will need one of the following:
- four to five GCSEs at grades A*-C (including English and maths) and a level 2 diploma
- a BTEC first diploma in a related subject
- an NVQ Level 2/technical certificate in a related subject
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience.
You will be assessed under simulated working conditions in the construction workshops, classrooms and College construction site. There will also be an externally set exam, along with end of unit tests.
On successful completion you may progress to;
- a HNC or foundation degree in construction at the College, or
- gain employment in the industry as, for example, a supervisor, site manager or general foreman.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Plymouth directly.