French A Level at Ysgol Y Strade
Through the following themes you will study grammar and develop your translation, reading, speaking and writing skills in the target language. In year 13 you will
also get the opportunity to study French films and a region of France.
FN1: Oral Exam in 2 parts
- General ConversatioN
- Conversation with the examiner on two of the topics studied
FN2: Exam with listening, reading, translation and writing questions.
FN3: Oral Exam in 2 parts
- Discussion of an article on one of the themes.
- Presentation on a French film, novel or region of France.
FN4: Exam with listening, reading, translation and writing questions.
Although each student will be considered on an individual basis for entry onto the course it would be beneficial to have a C grade in French at GCSE.
FN1: Oral exam with external examiner, 12 -15 minutes
FN2: External Exam 2h 30m
FN3: Oral exam with external examiner, 15 –20 minutes
FN4: External Examination 3h
- A chance to become competent in a language spoken throughout Europe and the world.
- The ability to speak French opens doors to many careers such as business and marketing, the law, medicine, the media, politics and many more.
- As an an academic subject the study of French will allow you to develop many transferable skills.
- An opportunity to study the culture and traditions of France.
Examining Board: WJEC
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ysgol Y Strade directly.