Business Level 1 BTEC Introductory Diploma at Hertford Regional College
Are you thinking of working in business, retail or administration but not sure which area to choose? This practical work-related qualification will introduce you to the skills and knowledge essential for a career in business and administration and/or progression to a Level 2 qualification.
Units for this course include:
- Working in business and administration
- Creating business documents
- Welcoming visitors
- Ideas for small businesses
- Functional skills in English at Level 1 or Entry Level 3 and to have a keen interest in business or administration
Assessment is continuous throughout the course. Methods of assessment vary from unit to unit and include practical and theory assessments – both written and practical observations. The qualification has a number of core and optional modules, which all students will study. There is a written test for Functional Skills -English.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
- If you achieve a Pass and Functional Skills you will be able to progress onto a Level 2 programme
- Most learners move onto the BTEC 1st Diploma in Business
- You could also chose to go into employment
Functional skills in English and ICT. Group and personal tutorials
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.