Performing Arts Level 3 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Do you have an active interest in performing? Would you like to develop your skills and your options for the future?
This course is designed to encourage a range of skills, including acting in a range of styles, directing, scripting, performing physical theatre, and preparing for auditions. You will gain a valuable insight into the performing arts, and be able to work in a professional manner with people who have the same interests.
The course is suitable if you are progressing from attainment at GCSE level, or from a relevant Level 2 course. As well as developing your own abilities, you have the opportunity to understand the related industry, and prepare for your career.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Classroom and theatre-based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
- A minimum of 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C; or,
- Successful completion of a relevant Level 2 course
- You must also have an active interest in performing, with some demonstrable skill, knowledge or experience
- You must have a high level of commitment, and be willing to practice in order to perform successfully
- Applicants who do not meet the standard entry requirements are encouraged to apply if they feel they have other relevant skills, qualifications or experience in lieu of the standard entry requirements.
- Places on the programme are subject to interview and audition.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios and logbooks of activities
- Performance and observation
Successfully completion of this course will give you a range of options.
Many students will choose to continue developing their performance skills at a higher level.
Your options will include undergraduate study at university, technical theatre training, and professional performance courses at drama, music or dance colleges.
The course also prepares you for a range of careers, both in the performing arts and in other sectors. Some former students now work in professional singing, dancing and acting, performance company management, entertainments management, theatre management, choreography, and community arts, as well as cruise management, teaching, sales and tourism.Career opportunities
- Conference Centre Manager
- Events Manager
- Sound Engineer
- Studio Producer
- Theatre Manager
Programme code: 0901A03B
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.