Tourism (With Optional Cabin Crew) - Level 2 at Hertford Regional College
You will already have decided that you enjoy learning about new destinations in the UK and around the world, that you enjoy meeting new people and finding out all about them. You will probably have been on day trips or holidays and wondered what it would be like to work in a Theme Park or check people in at the airport. This course offers the flexibility of doing a full Level 2 Diploma in Travel and Tourism course or the Extended Certificate in Travel and Tourism plus an Air Cabin Crew course. Either option will give you an insight into the realities of working in the travel industry and the work choices available to you and to give you the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills to either gain employment or progress towards a City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Travel and Tourism.
- Worldwide Travel & Tourism Destinations
- Visitor Attractions
- Tourist Information Services
- Customer Service & Selling Skills
The Air Cabin Crew option will include:
- City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Air Cabin Crew
- VRQ Food & Beverage Service
- You will need a minimum of 150 GCSE entry points or a Level 1 Diploma at a Merit or above including GCSE English at Grade D.
- Demonstration of good personal presentation and communication skills during a group interview, similar to those used in the airline industry
- The outcome of your initial diagnostic assessment will also be taken into consideration when offering you a programme of study.
- For the air cabin crew option you must be able to swim
You will be assessed using various assignment methods and online testing. One unit of the qualification for cabin crew option requires a water based assessment, therefore applicants will need to be able to swim.
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of the course and achieving the required grades you can progress on to the Level 3 Diploma in Travel & Tourism. Your tutor will give you the full details of what you need to do to progress.
- Using your qualification, you can apply for jobs in the Travel & Tourism industry
- There will be an opportunity to study other specific travel industry related subjects such as “Learn to Book”, a computerised simulated reservation system and you will also “fly” in our newly built aircraft cabin.
- You will re-take your English GCSE and if you achieve a grade D in Maths you can also re-take your Maths GCSE. However, you will study Functional Skills Maths if you achieve lower than a D.
What will I need?
- You will have to pay £150, which is non refundable, towards the cost of Industry related day trips.
- Cabin crew students will have to purchase a uniform at an approximate cost of £210.
- You will also have the opportunity to take part in an optional overseas residential trip at an approximate cost of £400.
- There maybe the opportunity for an optional overnight trip within the UK at an approximate cost of £115.
- You will need to pay for your own personal stationery and may have to pay for textbooks.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.