Bricklaying Level 3 Diploma at Harrogate College
On the practical side you will be building models that include circular work, arches, decorative brickwork etc.
In the classroom you will be studying site management, supervision, chimney and fireplace construction, transferring levels etc.
Units of study include:
Core units –- all 5 units must be taken
• Health, safety and welfare in construction
• Construction and the environment
• Mathematics in construction
• Science and materials in construction
• Construction, technology and design
You will study additional specialist units including:
• Building technology in construction
• Organisation and control of resources in construction
• Graphical detailing in construction
• Surveying in construction
• Building surveying in construction
Previous experience in bricklaying or Level 2 Construction Diploma. Completed Functional Skills are preferred. If you haven’t completed Functional Skills you must complete these alongside this qualification.
Successful completion of this qualification at Level 3 exempts students from studying part of the BTEC First Certificate in Construction course. This qualification can also provide access to the study of HNC and HND qualifications which are available at Harrogate College.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.