Cultural and Heritage Venue Operations Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 at Amersham and Wycombe College
The aim of this framework is to attract new people into Cultural Heritage from a wide range of backgrounds with the skills employers need to replace those who leave or retire and to provide a career pathway within Cultural Heritage enabling career mobility across the creative and cultural sector.
Objectives of this framework are to:
1. Provide a flexible work based entry route to attract a wider range of applicants into the Cultural Heritage sector;
2. To to increase and strengthen the business, entrepreneurial, technical and specialist knowledge and skills in the sector;
3. To provide opportunities for career progression across the creative and cultural sector into senior jobs through further training and development, FE and HE programmes.
The course includes:
• Level 2 Award in Principles of the Cultural Heritage Sector
• Functional Skills qualification in English Level 1
• Functional Skills qualification in Maths Level 1
• Functional Skills qualification in Information and Communications Technology Level 1
• Employee Rights and Responsibilities
There are no foraml entry requirments, however you will need to be employed for at least 30 contracted hours per week within the cultural and heritage venue industry.
You will be allocated an assessor who will visit you in your place of employment and support you with developing a portfolio of evidence that will cover the national standards of the Apprenticeship.
Progression from the Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship:
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Cultural and Heritage Venue Operations
• Other Apprenticeships in the creative and cultural sector, including, for example, Community Arts Management or Live Events and Promotion
Other arts, media, business and management Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeships (14 – 19) Diploma in Creative and Media at Higher or Advanced Level
• Other vocational qualifications related to or relevant for the creative and cultural industries
• Conservation Assistant
• Exhibition guide/Demonstrator
• Front of house support staff
• And with further development and training, jobs may include
• Assistant Archivist
• Assistant Exhibitions Organiser
• Museum/Conservation Assistant
• Assistant Museum/Art Gallery Curator
• Other vocational qualifications, or HNCs/HNDs, related to or relevant for the creative and cultural industries after further development and training possibly a Foundation Degree in Management and Leadership or a range of FDs in creative and cultural industries.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Amersham and Wycombe College directly.