Skills Development (Skills for Life) Entry Level at City College Plymouth
This is a full-time study programme for students with mild/moderate learning difficulties/disabilities or those who need additional help to become more confident. You may use the study programme to gain an insight into College life and to help you decide future options. You will have individual learning plans, a personal tutor and learning support as necessary.
You will have the opportunity to develop your:
- functional skills
- work skills through vocational sampling
- work placements
- independent living skills
- self confidence
- enterprise skills.
You will also have the opportunity to take part in a personal development programme (this may include Duke of Edinburgh Award and/or Ten Tors).
You will have the opportunity to:
- develop your educational and vocational skills
- develop your self confidence
- sample a range of vocational skills and/or work placements
- take part in a personal development programme. This may include Duke of Edinburgh and/or Ten Tors.
The course will include:
- functional skills
- work skills and work placement
- personal development
- vocational sampling
- the opportunity to follow individual learning interests.
There are no formal entry requirements but desirable skills include:
- the ability to read and recognise key words, phrases and basic numerical skills
- the ability to understand and put into action verbal instructions
- the ability to communicate with others appropriately
- a willingness to participate in all parts of the course
You will be required to attend an informal interview.
You will have regular one-to-one tutorials throughout the course, during which your progress will be checked and your individual learning plan reviewed. Your achievement will be recorded in a progress file. You will have the opportunity to achieve recognised qualifications, if appropriate.
Having successfully completed this course you can progress to other College courses, take up a training place or find employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Plymouth directly.