Health & Social Care BTEC (Single) at Hillview School for Girls
This course provides robust opportunities for learners to develop their knowledge and understanding of a wide range of subject areas relating to health and social care provision, but is useful in any area of employment which involves working with people.
It is offered here at Hillview as a two year course.
The topics studied vary according to the specific course with differing assessment types and weighting. Learners of both courses will study units covering topics including:
• Human Lifespan Development – examined
• Working in Health and Social Care - examined
• Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs – coursework
• Either Supporting Individuals with Additional Needs or Physiological Disorders and
their Care – coursework
The Diploma learners will also study:
• Enquiries into Current Research in Health and Social Care – externally set task
• Principles of Safe Practice in Health and Social Care – coursework
• Promoting Public Health – coursework
• Work Experience in Health and Social Care – coursework with compulsory placement hours
General entry requirements to study three Level 3 qualifications for Hillview Sixth Form are Grade 4 in both English and Maths together with 3 other GCSE grades at Grade 4 or above (A*-C). Any student meeting the above criteria is elidible for this coures.
This course provides robust opportunities for learners to gain knowledge and understanding of a wide range of subject areas relating to health and social care.
Students can progress into both employment and further study in all types of care – social, health, child or public services. Hillview students have elected to study Child, Mental and Adult Nursing, Social Work, Primary School Teaching, Forensic Science, Child Studies, Human Resources and many other interesting courses at university.
Links with other courses
Art, Biology, Childcare, Dance, Drama, Physical Education, Psychology, Sociology and Medical Science.
Guest speakers from a variety fo backgrounds - Neonatal nurses, social workers, retired Head of Adult Social Care, carers and many more
Additional First Aid Qualification
Compulsory work experience placemetns in a wide range fo health and social care settings.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hillview School for Girls directly.